Thursday, March 06, 2008

Have Lloyds gone mad? Adults Only


Up until recently a had a Lloyds TSB gold bank account. But I just upgraded to a Platinum acount basically because it gives full AA cover including home start and relay for an extra account charge of £60 a year which is £30 less than I was going to pay to upgrade my cover anyway.

My bank account now costs me £194 a year which sounds a lot of money but isn't. The full AA package that I now have and now need would cost me £160. The mobile phone insurance that comes with the account would cost me £40 a year. My debit card is protected by Sentinal for free so if it gets lost or stolen anywhere in the world one phone call gets me a relacement and a cash advance if I need it.

Then there is the holiday insurance. I and whoever is with me is covered by it, anywhere in the world. And I have lung cancer remember. How much is that saving me? Basically yes I could get free banking, but I would be so much worse off!

But because I now have a platinum account I have to have a new debit card. And it arrived today. Now my old card, the gold one, looks the part. When I get it out people can see that I don't have the bargain basement bank account and that I was a proper paying customer. Now because the platinum account is the next step up and I am only one rung away from being up their with the elite, the premier account holders, I was expecting something flashy!

What did I get? A poxy white bit of plastic with a sodding black horse on it is what I got! I'm gutted! Have LLoyds gone stark raving mad? £194 a year and they expect me to use something that looks like that? I really am not happy and will be making a complaint!

Here is a bird.

No comments: