Friday, October 29, 2004

Jaguar S-TYPE R

When I was a kid my dad always used to have Jags and I used to love them. Big cars with plenty of room, big engines and the glorious smell of leather when you opened the doors. I used to sit behind the wheel looking at the 150mph Smiths speedo, imagining what it would be like to drive one, once I could reach the pedals!

He had a few of them. Mark 8 and 9's, a Mark 10, three Mark 1's and several Mark 2's. The car today that most reminds me of those old style Jags is the S-Type and the ultimate version of these has to be the S-Type R with it's 4.2 litre V8 supercharged engine kicking out 400 brake horse and giving almost unlimited torque.

Combine this with a modern 6 speed autobox, a fine handling chassis and an awesome exhaust note and you have a car to die for. Now where can I get £50,000 from?

No comments: