Monday, December 18, 2006

The great holiday rip off



Well I enjoyed my week in Paleokastritsa so much I want to go back. The weather is fantastic, the scenery beautiful, the food and drink dirt cheap, two sixteen ounce steaks and a litre of red wine £15, six tequila sunrises about £10. The people were friendly, completely mad but friendly and all in all it was just a completely relaxing holiday.

But having looked after my mates animals, sorry children, once, his bird wont do it again. So sod it I thought, I will go on my own. Same place, middle of May before it gets too hot and too crowded.

Except that I can't, or not unless I want to pay a fortune anyway. Basically they wont take bookings for somebody on their own for a package holiday, you have to book flights and hotel seperately. Which means that for two people the price is £540, or £270 each, for one person it is over £600!

So, if anyone fancies a week in Paleokastritsa in May get in touch!

No comments: