Saturday, February 10, 2007

It's Friday again but don't get excited

Yes it's Friday again and time for an update, but don't hold your breath. I am completely and utterley out of it. There are some regulars who come here who know how I feel. They pimped their fags with the same rocket fuel I did tonight. So you might get loads of profound shit and some naked women but there is more chance of me just sitting here like a zombie. You have been warned.

But while I am here I do want to ask a serious question that has been bugging me for ages. What the hell is going on with this I before E except after C rule? What sort of rule doesn't work?

It's hard enough typing anyway without haveing to worry about spelling. So they make a rule, I before E except after C. Except it's not true. There are loads of words where it is E before I. So why make a rule?

Well of course ther is a logical answer. This rule was invented before the yanks decided to crucify the English language, before anyone too thick to read and write just called themselves dyslexic and passed their English exam anyway and before Billy Liar and his New Taxes party became responsible for childrens education.

The language has been corrupted over the years, which originally wasn't such a bad thing. But I seriously object to having to learn to spell all over again because some people were too lazy to learn to do it at all.

Anyway, as I said, I probably will not get round to doing much tonight.

No comments: