Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Security or profiteering?

Just got the rules through for when I fly to Corfu. When I get to customs they will take any cigarette lighters I have off of me. Once they have seen my passport and I am through customs I can buy another lighter in their shops and take that with me. This is because of "Security"

Now when I buy a lighter when I have gone through customs it had better not be in a sealed packet. Because if it is it means it has not been checked, which means that BAA will have taken a lighter off of me because it hasn't been through security checks then sold me a lighter that hasn't been through security checks. Which is profiteering, which is illegal! And I will make a fuss about it. I will write to my MP. I will demand an explanation from BAA. I will contact the police and demand something is done about it.

Even if they sell me a lighter that isn't in a sealed packet I will want some explanations. Who has checked it? How was it checked? were the staff who passed it through security muslims? After all one of the people arrested in the last lets try and get Labour some votes exercise, sorry security, alert worked for BAA. A very large percentage of the staff at Heathrow responsible for security are muslims.

In short there had better be a genuine reason for stealing my possesions then allowing me to buy the very same thing back as long as I buy if from their outlets. Because if there is not I am going to want to know why and make sure that something is done about it.

No comments: