Sunday, September 17, 2006

What a stupid time to get up




Well it is one thirty in the morning and instead of sitting typing this after half a dozen beers and a couple of revved up Rizla's I have just got out of bed and I am drinking strong black coffee trying to wake up.

Why am I up at such a stupid time I hear you asking? Simple. It is the Australian Moto GP from Phillip Island this morning and it starts on Eurosport at 02.45. So I figired if I got up early, did some work on the web sites and watched the racing I could then go back to bed for a couple of hours before getting up and watching the penultimate round of the British Superbikes in the afternoon.

For the those of you who don't watch bike racing then you don't know what you are missing. These guys are lunatics, as well as being the bravest men on the planet. When they have a frony wheel slide at 140mph they don't pull over and change they underwear like a road rider does, they just go faster. The racing is always close, it's not unusual to have half a dozen riders still in with a chance on the final lap, especially in the 125 and 250 classes. And some of the crashes have to be seen to be believed.

So yes it is a stipid time to get up. But I am going to enjoy it! Here are some pics from the official Moto GP site.

No comments: