Friday, February 22, 2008

Have you ever been to Harringey?

You know, that dodgy place in North London? Well, despite every instinct telling me not to I have visited it a couple of times lately. What a place! The main High Street, known as Green Lanes, has a food shop every ten yards. You can get food poisening from every country in the world except England for less than three quid!

But I really do have difficulty making myself understood there. I couldn't work it out at first but then it came to me. It is my accent! Most of them have never heard anybody with an English accent before!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since around 60% of the population are English, I guess it's likely you'll need to do a little more work on your annunciation. I guess, Castonya, your accent must be pretty bad. We'll be happy to help. Pop back up any time.

Mmm and we'll help you with your spelling too if you like. It's Harringay)