Thursday, August 21, 2008

My row with Clacton parking office continues.


A while back I posted the letter I sent to Clacton parking office. I then got back the reply on the right.

I have now responded to this letter and here is my reply in full.

Dear Mrs Davies

Thank you for your letter dated 23rd July 2008

Firstly I must point out that I have already made you a reasonable offer of £10 per month, an offer that you accepted when you cashed the first cheque.

As you have already accepted my offer of £10 a month I fail to understand why I should provide you with personal financial details. Should these details prove necessary I will of course provide them, once I receive the correct form with the data protection statement required by law when requesting this sort of private and personal information.

I haven’t enclosed a cheque for the next payment because nowhere in your previous letters does it state who I make the cheque payable to. I left the last one blank but have since been advised that it is not safe to send a cheque through the post like this as anybody could cash it. Once you have notified me as to who I make the cheque payable to, or given me details so I can set up a direct debit through the bank, I will make the next and subsequent payment.

I should also point out that as somebody with a terminal illness I value my time very highly and don’t feel I should have to waste it pointing out legal requirements and requesting information that somebody in your position should know and supply automatically.

Therefore if I have to engage in anymore correspondence, other than making the £10 a month payment you accepted, then I will have no alternative but to charge you for my time and efforts.

Yours sincerely.

Peter McClarnon

No comments: